Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July

How can I sum up the last couple of weeks. I will just say busy, busy, busy. Things are getting so much better we have been working hard on the house and we feel like it is becoming home. This is the longest it has ever taken me to unpack. I usually have everything up (pictures included) with in a week. But we have been painting and doing minor things along the way. We are much happier with house but it has slowed the settling down process. (I'm not sure if that is proper grammar, but you know what I mean.) I have been really lucky Deven has had an easy first month I know it will get harder but I am enjoying him for the time being. Our ward has been great. They have welcomed us with open arms so much so they have already asked us to speak this next Sunday. I am a little behind on our updates, we don't have Internet hooked up yet the soonest they could come is July 9th, but some nights we can get signals off other peoples and so I am trying to catch up on stuff while we have the signal. Our 4th of July was wonderful. Our friend Belinda invited us to Weiamea Bay during the afternoon. I got my first experience paddle boarding I have wanted to try this since we got here. I had a lot of fun. It was a little tricky at first and I fall off everytime I turn around, but I got pretty good at going straight. Then in the evening some people in the ward invited us over for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun. Gracie made a lot of new friends. After the BBQ we all went to a big a foot ball field and watched the fireworks. Thanks to everyone who has been so good to us and for helping us to have a great 4th of July.
Gracie and some other kids doing sparklers. I tried to get her face but she didn't hold still long enough.
Me, paddle boarding on the North shore


This is the living room it is coming together slowly. I am still looking for a rug. I know what I want but I am having a hard time finding it. I might have to order off the internet. If you havn't figured it out by now houses in Hawaii are small so I am trying to keep it as clutter free as possible.


This is Gracie's room. It is coming together nicely. I still have a few nick nacks I am not sure what to do with but it's a work in progress.


9 comments:

Smileyhappychan said...

You're amazing! Your decorating skills are great! And I'm still so jealous that you're in Hawaii!!!

Jan said...

I love your decorating. We could use some help when we move. I'm so jealous that you get to live in Hawaii. I would love it. It is so beautiful there and you can go to the beach every day!

berry family said...

I love your home. You guys are doing a wonderful job. Sounds like your 4th of July was a blast!

Becka and Bennett said...

Your house looks good, and dont let our pictures decieve you ours is not much bigger! Hawaii looks awesome, and you look like you got paddle boarding down! I am glad you are liking it there.

Anonymous said...

Your house is coming together nicely. I think you're doing great time-wise! It sounds like you have a great group of people there in Hawaii to be with. Nice job paddle boarding. Hawaii is the place for you - you're adventurous!

Amy said...

The house looks great! You are doing a fantastic job! It sounds like you are getting more settled ... don't worry, you are in the right place and it will all work out. And in the meantime, enjoy all your fun activities and don't stress yourself out!

Bobette said...

Your house looks fabulous! I might have to hire you out. I saw some of your family this weekend but didn't get a chance to say hello to them because I was to busy chatting with high school pals. Glad to hear you're getting settled in.

Matt and Lisa said...

Shirlyn- I need something new to read..update your blog! :) hahahahaha

Julie said...

Beautiful decorating! It is cool to see you paddle boarding. It looks like lots of fun.