Sunday, July 27, 2008

Feels more like home

Well it is starting to feel more like home. I have gotten involved in a couple of playgroups, one in my ward and one on Schofield base. Gracie has made some friends and we have been able to have some play dates she has enjoyed that. Our ward has been so good to us everyone is so friendly, they have really taken us in. That always makes such a difference. This week our ward had restaurant group. So a group of women headed to Honolulu to the cheese cake factory for a night out of the house and away from kids. That was a lot of fun and of course the cheese cake is amazing as always. There are so many women in our ward whose husbands are deployed. This has been eye opening to me. I must say I have a whole new respect for you Rashelle. But I am amazed by their attitudes. They carry on and are so upbeat. I guess it goes to say attitude is everything. So that is something for me to work on. But on a lighter note. We had a really fun week. We went bowling for mothers group and Gracie thought that was great. I of course forgot my camera I was determined to post more than just beach pictures. Deven and I of course went to the beach again. This time we got to do another dive. This was our first solo in the ocean and we did well. I was so nervous. I don't have those pictures on a disk yet so I will post some as soon as I get them. I hope they turned out. We saw a lot of cool fish and some crazy caves. I was so nervous something was going to come swimming out of one but nothing scary happened. We also found a botanical garden so close to our house. We spent this afternoon walking around and enjoying the shade as well as all the cool vegetation. Our little cheese. She thought this garden was like in the movie The Road to Teribiythia (I am sure I spelled that wrong) so her and Deven played like they were hiding and running from things the whole time.
Gracie decided she needed a rest so we found the trunk of this tree to sit on for a few minutes.


Deven and Gracie on the hunt for all the scary things in the garden.


She is becoming our water girl. She is learning the art of body surfing. She goes out and lets the waves wash her into shore. We couldn't get her out of the water. In fact she got sunburned under eyes so bad. I felt so bad. I forget I need to reapply after so long in the water.


This is the life. Deven just parked his chair on the edge of the water and let Gracie play I got a little R&R time on the beach. That always makes for a great afternoon.





We went down to Waikiki on Friday night because every Friday the Hilton has a fireworks show. We watched the fire works and then Gracie managed to get all wet in just a few inches of water we wouldn't let her get in but she found a way to experience the water anyways.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looked like so much fun running through the trees! Gracie is so cute. It looks like you're having lots of adventures that will turn into fun memories for that beautiful little girl!

Amanda said...

That is such a good idea to go see the hilton fireworks. What a great idea. I am glad that you are in the ward. The playdays are fun. We will get together this week.

berry family said...

Those were adorable pictures. I agree with those woman attitude is everything when your husband is deployed. Of course I always didn't have the most optimistic all the time. I will try better the next time he is deployed.
Enjoy your day.

Bobette said...

What a cute picture of you and Gracie.

About Us said...

What a fun time - I'm so glad you are getting settled in and meeting so many great new friends to help welcome you. Enjoy every bit of it!