Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Week of Ups and Downs

So we survived a week of ups and downs. I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster. We finally closed on our house (good news) but what a mess getting there. When we went to sign the papers on Tuesday we started to go through the paper work only to find out the loan officer messed up on our loan. It was such a mess and we weren't sure what to do I will spare you the details all worked out and we finally got the keys to our house on Friday. We spent all week standing in lines trying to get our cars inspected and registered here. While we were waiting to get our car registered Gracie was losing her patience so I said I would take her to walk around the mall ( this is where you go to register your cars here) We went into the children's place and Gracie started to look at the price tags and asking if she could buy things. I kept saying no that is too expensive were not going to get it today. Then she picked up a pair of sunglasses on clearance and asked if she could have those, I looked at the price and said yeah I guess you can get those they are on sale so there not very much. Gracie got excited and said look at me mom I am learning how to shop. The rest of the day she kept asking if things were on sale or not or if she would have to wait to buy them. We discovered our house needed a little more TLC than expected so we spent all night last night trying to get things ready for our stuff to arrive Monday or Tuesday. Gracie ended up sleeping half the night on the floor upstairs using a roll of paper towels for a pillow. What a sport. She was so sick of getting the house ready that On Saturday she said lets not talk about the house today so we took a brake and took her on a submarine ride. It turned out to be a lot of fun she loved it. So hopefully we will be in a home this week. We are ready to start real life again. I can't wait to cook a real meal.


We went for a walk this afternoon at this beach (I don't even know the name of it) but we needed to get out and get some fresh air. Deven and Gracie had so much fun in the tide pools finding tiny fish, and hermit crabs. They both filled there pockets full of sea shells and coral. We needed this afternoon it was the most relaxed we have been in a long time.


the sea turtle we saw on our submarine ride. We also saw a reef shark and lots of colorful fish. As well as a ship wreck and a remnants of a wrecked plane.


Gracie and I inside the submarine waiting to down. Do you think Gracie was excited.






We had to take a boat ride out to the submarine were they transferred us to the submarine. It was a fun adventure.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so sorry you've had such a stressful time. I hope things work out better for you now. It looks beautiful there in Hawaii. Take good care. Sounds like you're teaching Gracie the ropes of shopping! What a smart little girl she is hitting the sales. :o)

Matt and Lisa said...

hahaha. Gracie is so funny. I'm glad she's learning how to shop just like her aunt Shirece. Maybe shirece should move there. I can't believe you guys live in Hawaii. It still doesn't seem real. Good luck on your house. You'll have to post some pics soon.
Lis (I sign my name b/c I think there might be some confusion on who twinkie girl is..hahaha).

berry family said...

I am glad you were able to take a break and enjoy the outdoors.
It looks beautiful there.
Good luck unpacking all of your stuff, but Congrats on finally having your home.

Adrienne said...

Hang in there! It will be much better when all is put away and you are back to your routine. Pictures are great. Many years ago I was in Maui and was able to snorkel and saw a turtle. It was a definite highlite. So fun all the experience you will have. Good luck unpacking. You will have to take pictures of your surf bathroom!!!

Tevita and Jodi said...

So sorry it's been crazy but I bet that it will get better once you get all your own stuff and get in the hang of things! You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place!

Bobette said...

Sorry for the rough week. I love your pictures though. I'm sure it was a must needed relaxation time for all of you. I also agree with Adrienne, once you get your surf bathroom together I want to see the pics.

Julie said...

I hope the stress of the house is over and you are starting to feel settled. It looks like you know how to have fun amid the stress. Cool submarine ride.

Amanda said...

hey shirlyn I couldnt help not to look up your blog. It is so cute. Gracie is a cutie. I hope things get better getting settled in. Sounds like you are all enjoying the hawaii adventures.