Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day

To Deven we love you. You are such a good dad to Gracie, she loves going on daddy daughter dates with you and I love how you play with her and how you can get her to do things I can't because you are clever and can find some way to make it a fun game. We love you and love spending time with you!!!

Happy Fathers Day to the best dad in the world. Gracie and I went to pick out a Fathers Day present for Deven and while we were looking for his present Gracie asked quite loud "Oh mom when is it going to be kids day?" I started to laugh and I wasn't the only one, the store clerk overheard her and said well here in Hawaii we do celebrate Girls day it is March 3rd and apparently they really go all out so Gracie was so excited and couldn't wait to tell her dad about it. We have had a busy week here in Hawaii so far there is so much to do when it comes to settling in. Deven survived his first week of in processing. We were so sick of paper work that we took the day to rest at the beach. Our friend (and realtor) Belinda invited us to a Luau at Waiemia Beach Park on the North Shore. It was a lot of fun the weather was perfect and so was the ocean we couldn't get Gracie out of it. We had a great experience with the culture here everyone was so inviting to us even though we didn't know anyone except Belinda. By the time we left Gracie had about 20 new aunts and uncles. Here everyone introduced themselves to Gracie as Auntie so and so. And Deven and I were introduced to all the other kids as Auntie Shirlyn and Uncle Deven. Everyone gave us hugs and kisses as we left. I was so impressed by the warmth of the culture.

Gracie loved to sit on the edge of the sand of let the waves push her in and out of the ocean. She laughed and laughed when the waves flipped her around. We have been so impressed with how brave she has been. When we were in Hawaii a year ago the waves scared her and she wouldn't go near the ocean.





We finally wore her out at the end of the day she finally came and plopped down on her towel. She would have fallen asleep if we would have let her.


4 comments:

Matt and Lisa said...

Cute pics. Gracie is hilarious. We keep cracking up at her as we remember funny things she did while she was here. "Oh, wait, Lisa, take a picture of me posing like this..." She's so funny. I hope you got my other pics and that you enjoyed. Love you,
Lis

berry family said...

It sounds like you guys are adjusting to life, some what. The beach looks inviting. I am still waiting for the sun here. They say it's summer but I dont know if I believe it.
Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Makes me long for the beach. Not that I've ever been, but it'd be so fun. I hope everything is going well for you in Hawaii! BTW - Does Sharon have a blog??? Tell her hello for me when you talk to her! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Shirlyn. I ran into your mom last night. Sounds like things are going great for you and I'm so glad to hear that! Take good care.