Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tis The Season

Well winter has arrived here on the island. I know that most of you are covered in Snow by now, but it is cold for us here. I have to close the windows at night and I get to wear a sweat shirt when I take Gracie to the bus in the morning. We are loving it!!! Also the waves are here on the North Shore. The past few days they got up to 50 ft. We had to take a drive up there and watch them. Traffic was crazy because everyone was trying to view them, but I decided it would be worth the wait, I started to panic when my gas light came on and we were stuck in the middle of traffic with no where to turn around I had no choice but to keep inching along but we finally made it. I wish Deven could have come with us, but he had to work. He are some of the photos. I thought the waves were amazing. These are taken by Sharks Cove on the North Shore.


Every year Tripler has a tree lighting ceremony and program. This year it was pouring rain, but Gracie just wanted to see Santa and that part was great.
We of course got to decorate the tree and once again Gracie found herself dressing up Dylan. She found reindeer antlers and thought it was funny to put them on him. He thought it was pretty funny too, especially when we showed him what he looked like in the mirror.
Well it is the season of good food and lets just say Dylan found his love for "real mashed potatoes" He ate so many, but he slept really good that night.
We got to spend some good times watching Deven surf.
And last but not least we decided we have quite the beach girl. She dug herself a hole to "relax in" and then we thought it was funny when we turned around and she was sitting like this drinking her juice. As Gracie would say "I am going to have a nice relaxing day at the beach"
But really this time of year is nice here but we get homesick for family. Some have been asking if we will be coming home for the holidays, but we can't. Sometimes we miss being with family. Gracie really misses the snow and pretends that the rain is snow. We are learning to enjoy "Sunny Christmas Days" but I still have a hard time this time of year being so far away. So we are sharing a little bit of our Christmas season with you. One of these days we are going to go build a sandman since we won't be having a white Christmas.

6 comments:

Jennifer Payne said...

Those waves were so huge! I am sorry you are away from family! Your kids look like they love the beach though - so I guess that's good. The sun looks amazing, the high here today was 12 degrees!

Cher said...

look how happy dylan is on santa's lap! that's amazing. he's getting so big. love the wave pics and gracie relaxing on the beach. too funny.

berry family said...

I love your new family picture. You guys look great as always. I love the Santa Picture of the kids.
Rashelle

Shayla D. said...

I can't imagine being away from family this time of year - I'm sure that's hard. But, you're so blessed to have each other. It looks like fun in Hawaii, though. You wouldn't want to be here now. It's sooooooo cold!

Shirece said...

Holy Chuncky Baby!!!

Tevita and Jodi said...

I know it is hard to be away from family but Shirlyn, you live in such a beautiful place!! It was -19 degrees here two nights ago. Your pictures are so great and your kids are so cute! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!