Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our Christmas Week

So our Christmas week was filled with ups and downs. Downs because we were sick off and on all week, but we still managed to have some fun. We went ice skating at the Ice Palace here and for a few hours it felt like winter. Then we went up to the North Shore and built a sandman. I was determined this year I was going to make one. It turned out ok. A little bit harder to make than I anticipated. We went to the Hawaii Bowl on Christmas Eve and Dylan experienced his first soft pretzel. He loved it. (see above pic) We had a really fun Christmas Eve party with a few friends and were fortunate to have a special guest come, SANTA. Christmas Day we were all sick but it turned out to be such a great day. We stayed in our PJ's all day and every toy got played with. We watched a couple of movies, ate lots of junk food (even though we didn't feel good) and had lots of new electronics to figure out. We were all feeling better the next day and decided we needed to get a beach day in. So we took the kids down to Hickham for the afternoon. It was so relaxing and just what we needed. I hope everyone had a great day as well. We missed our families, thanks for calling it was fun to share our day with you on the phone.
At Hickham Beach Deven wanted Dylan to learn a few surfing skills early. He loved how the water bounced him around and around.
Gracie got an art easel for Christmas. She loves to make pictures and draw so Santa thought she would enjoy this gift. So far she has loved it.
Dylan and his train. This has been a big hit for both Gracie and Dylan. He didn't quite know what to think about Christmas. He loved the wrapping paper, the boxes and even all the toys. So much to put in his mouth and play with.
The two kiddos after opening Santa presents. We started a tradition where we open Santa presents then make breakfast while they play those toys for a while then after we eat we finish opening the rest. It made for a really fun morning and all the toys got played with.
Our special guest at the Christmas Party. It was so nice of him to drop in.
He had a special gift for each of the kids. Gracie was so excited. I think this picture says it all.
I have always wanted to build a sandman. So for a "FHE" one night we headed up to the North Shore to try our luck. It was harder than I anticipated, but still fun. So here is Mr. Sandman.
Deven and Gracie at the Ice Palace getting ready to get on the ring. They had so much fun. Dylan and I just watched and enjoyed bundling up in jackets and letting our noses get cold. It felt so much like Christmas and then we left and walked outside and the sun was blazing and we were roasting.
Deven and I both have December Birthdays. So we got and Ice Cream cake for Deven's. We let Dylan try it and he loved it. I am sure you can tell by the face.
Happy Birthday Deven we just had a small celebration with family. But we did get to go on a birthday date the day before thanks to Amanda who took our kids for the day. We went up to the North Shore and enjoyed the shrimp trucks, sharks cove, and a giant smoothie. It was so relaxing.
Gracie was begging us to sleep under the tree. So on her last day of school we let her. She was so excited and actually slept quite well. We hope everyone had a merry Christmas and love to see and hear how every ones day went. We hope everyone has a Happy New Year as well.

5 comments:

berry family said...

Looks like a fun Christmas and you guys did tons of fun things. I am glad Deven was off for the week. You are welcome for your birthday card. Have a Happy New Year!
Rashelle

Shayla D. said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christms. I thought of you and hoped you had a great time. Happy Birthday to both of you, as well. Your kids are beautiful. They're what make Christmas special.

Matt and Lisa said...

Hey, Looks like fun. I can't wait to be there and use my gift card. I'll try to get your birthday package off soon.

Stephanie said...

I love the pictures of your family. I hope you guys had a very wonderful Christmas.
I wish I could say I was going but
my parents are going to Hawaii the end of January and I was wondering if you could give me some good places for them to go. They will be on the big island. Email steharris@msn.com.
Have a wonderful New Year
Thanks Stephanie

Chantell said...

Love the Sand'snow'Man very creative! Glad you guys had a great Christmas!
Chantell