Monday, April 27, 2009

Fun with Nana and baby

Well it is hard to believe our little guy is 2 weeks old. It has been a fun two weeks and in some ways it feels like he has been with us forever. We have been getting out more and even took Dylan on his first hike up to Wiamea Valley Falls. He did great, and we had to try out his new sun hat, of course it was way to big but it kept him protected.

Deven and his mom swimming out to the waterfall. It was a fun waterfall to hike to. It was a short walk and then you could go swimming. The water was freezing and Gracie only lasted a little bit, but they said it was refreshing to get in. Dylan and I found a shade tree and enjoyed the scenery.
We made it the water fall was just around the bend.
Gracie and Nana after enjoying an afternoon down at Waikiki Beach.
Dylan and Nana enjoying the shade down at the beach. We had to take Nana down to Waikiki because if you come to Hawaii you have to have the experience. It turned out to be a beautiful day and everyone was able to enjoy some sun and some shade. Dylan just enjoyed the shade of course.
Deven, Gracie and Nana swimming at the beach. Waikiki is nice just because it has a built in breaker so it is great for kids it keeps the big waves out. Gracie practiced her swimming and played in the sand.
We took Nana to the international Market down in Waikiki. It is a lot like the swap meet but fun to look at the shops and of course we had to take a trolley ride and get some pineapple ice cream at the end.
Deven, Dylan, and Gracie on the trolley ride.
Our little munchkin. He is so snugly and I am afraid growing up way to fast. We are loving him.
Sure it takes us twice as long to get out of the house, and we are tired, but Nana has been a big help so I have been able to get a little extra sleep and Gracie is really enjoying all the attention Nana gives her.

12 comments:

Brenbren said...

Congrats! He is super cute!

Adrienne said...

Way to go!! Hiking after a c-setion! Love the pic at the bottom he looks so cozy!

berry family said...

Cute pictures. Dylan is a cutie. You look great for just having a baby. I am jealous because I just keep getting bigger. Can't wait to see you next month.
Rashelle

Julie said...

You are amazing! Sounds like so much fun. What a sweet baby to just be content to go with the flow. That is the best!

Cher said...

the water at waikiki looks awesome! and i love the second to last pic, both kids look so cute!

RICEBLOG said...

WOW, WHAT A CUTIE!!! I'M JEALOUS MY BABY TURNS ONE FRIDAY. THEY GROW UP TO DANG FAST........ O' DYLAN A GREAT NAME, I'M IMPRESSED I KNEW YOU WERE SMART, BUT NOW YOU HAVE BLOWN ME AWAY. CONGRATS I KNOW I'M A LITTLE LATE, BUT WERE SO EXCITED FOR YOU. WAY TO GO HIKING SUPER MOM!!!!!!!!!!

Chantell said...

Oh, I just LOVE that last pic he looks so stinkin' cute! Glad you guys have been having fun, and I'm amazed that after a c-section your up and going hiking! Go you!

About Us said...

Wow, so many comments already. You've got a lot of devoted followers :)

I love the pic with his "little" sun hat! What a fun day - it's great Deven's mom has been able to stay and help out. How fun that they were there when you had him, such a blessing & probably good for Gracie too.

Cute kids! Is it strange to get used to two now?

Stacey B. said...

Ok, you put every woman who has ever had a baby, let alone a c-section, to shame!! Look at you! You didn't gain an ounce during the whole nine months, did you? Your arms are still skinny... oh it's just not fair. :) But, he is oh-so-cute! I just want to cuddle him. Congrats, I'm happy to see that all is well with this new addition.

Shayla D. said...

Okay, so I have to concur with the other comments - if I didn't know you had a c-section, I'd never guess it! You look better than awesome! And I can't believe you were out hiking so soon. You rock! Little Dylan is so very cute, and Gracie is just as adorable as ever.

Amanda said...

He looks so much like gracie. I am glad you are geting out doing some fun stuff, but when is it tome for you to put your feet up and relax you just had a baby. I Guess a good piece of cheesecake will help.

dcox said...

I love you guys. Dylan looks like a good baby. I can't wait to see my Nephew. Love you all,
Derek