Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He Came

We welcomed Dylan Dell Cox into our family on Saturday April 11, at 10:38 a.m. He was 7lbs 2 oz and was 20 inches long. He came a little sooner than we anticipated. We were scheduled for a repeat C-section on the 15th, but Saturday morning I woke up not feeling well and was having contractions. I thought I was in labor but was not sure, Deven and I decided we should just head down to the hospital and find out what we needed to do. Devens parents were here on vacation and they were suppose to go dive in the shark cage that morning so when they arrived we told them change of plans we are going to the hospital and they were left with Gracie (thank goodness we had family here). When we got to the hospital it wasn't the contractions that made them want to take the baby early, but my blood pressure was in the critical range. They said I could stay in the hospital and be monitored for 24 hours or they could just take the baby right then. Deven and I talked it over with the doctors and each other and decided that if I was going to have to stay at the hospital then we might as well just have the baby, it was just a few days earlier than planned. The doctors thought that was smart since my blood pressure was so high. So it all happened so fast, they got us ready for surgery and with in a couple of hours we were heading in for the c-section and at 10:38 a.m. Dylan was born. He is perfectly healthy and so far such a good and snugly baby. I only had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours so I am home and feeling great. We are just enjoying the new little guy.

He is so content and reminds us so much of Gracie, he just has more hair than she had.
Gracie is a adjusting to being a big sister. She has been taking care of her animals and dolls. She is not sure when he cries and covers her ears. If he cries for a long time she goes and shuts herself in her room. I keep telling her she will get use to it. She is so worried about him she keeps bringing him toys and makes sure he is always content.

Our little snuggle bug. We are just enjoying him and we just can't believe he is real and here. We were glad to have Nana and Grandpa here, but it did interrupt their vacation. I will post some pictures from that real soon. We tried to make sure they still had a good time. Deven still took them diving in the shark cage we will be posting pictures soon.

21 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Congratulations!!! I love the pictures, he is so beautiful! I'm glad he is finally here and you and your beautiful family can enjoy him! Your dad was a huge hit in Primary on Sunday - you come from an awesome family!
- Sara xx

Bobette said...

Congrats! What a cutie. I'm so glad that everything went well for you.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man! He's definitely a keeper. I'm glad everything went well for you. I hope you heal fast and enjoy every minute with that adorable guy!

Jan said...

Congratulations. He is a beautiful baby. I'm glad you are both doing well.

berry family said...

He is a handsome fellow. Congrats again! I love the picture of Gracie feeding her dolls. Too cute. I am glad things went well.
Rashelle

Hayley said...

He is so cute! Congratulations! I am glad that it all worked out so well.

Adrienne said...

Congratulations to yoyu and your family. How fun to have your family there for all the excitement. He is a cutie. Take care.

Shirece said...

Can I please have him??? If you don't let me then I am going to buy a baby doll like Gracie's.

Jennifer Payne said...

He is so darling! Congratulations, I am so glad everything went well!

Matt and Lisa said...

Oh, what a cutie. I can't wait to see him. Want to just visit me for a month? :)

Cher said...

congrats! he looks like a doll.

Candace said...

What a cute little one! I'm so happy he is here. Congratulations!

I love the pic of him bundled up in a stroller or whatever it is. And Dylan is a great name!

Amy said...

What a cutie! Congrats! Hope you are doing well and recovering quickly.

EmilieAn said...

Yippie to you! Boys are great. And a fun fact. They come with a built in sound effects gene. It starts showing right away. Mine would either growl, quack, chirp, and some others. Enjoy your new man in your life.

Angie said...

Congrats! he is a such a good lookin' kid.

Chantell said...

yeah! he's just too adorable, CONGRATS!!!

About Us said...

Yay - CONGRATULATIONS! Hope things are going well and you are healing alright.

What a sweetie!

Tranchell Family said...

Congrats on your new baby boy! How fun. I stumbled across your blog and was so excited to see you and your cute family. Hope you are doing well. We have a blog but it is private email me and I will invite you. tifftranchell@hotmail.com.
Tiffany Tranchell

Stacey B. said...

He does look like Gracie! What a cutie! So happy that all is well. Now, go take a nap... :)

Julie said...

Congratulations!!!! I'm glad I'm only 2 weeks behind. :) What a darling little man. Love his name!! I am soooo happy for you!

Jolene said...

I guess it has been a while since I checked your blog. Congrats on your little man. Glad you are both doing well.