Friday, May 8, 2009

We Blessed Dylan

We blessed Dylan on Sunday May 3, 2009. He was only 3 weeks old and it was hard to find an outfit to fit him, but we wanted to bless him while we had some family here. Here we are after church. It was a little bit different than Gracie's, because we only had Deven's mom here, but it was still really nice.
Gracie, Nana, and Dylan
Well Nana finally left and today is my first day all by myself. So how am I doing. Well I got out of the shower before noon, so I feel pretty proud of myself. We spent a lot of time at the beach while Nana was here. Deven had to show off his surfing skills and we taught Nana how to play one of Gracie's favorite games. Her and Deven call it "beach slapped"
Here is how it works, you sit at the edge of the ocean and wait for the waves to come. They pull you all over and you try to stay on the sand and not get swept out into the ocean. This game is guaranteed to get sand in places you don't want it.
Gracie and Nana getting swept out.

Of course Deven has to play as well. We had a lot of fun with Nana. Thank you for all your help I am sure you will need a couple of weeks to recoup. I forgot how much work a baby is.

10 comments:

berry family said...

I am glad you are surviving w/out help. Cute family photo after Dylan's Blessing. We are going to be in Italy about 2 years.
Rashelle

Cher said...

it is hard with 2, but you'll get in the groove of being by yourself within a few weeks. so hang in!

Candace said...

Oh, how fun! Dylan is so little.

So we leave tomorrow. I thought we would come by Saturday and see all of you guys, and of course I really want to meet Dylan. Does that work? I'll have to call you and get directions. See you soon.

Brenbren said...

Your family is beautiful and so is your back yard. It must be amazing living in Hawaii! I am a little jealous! email me at brenbren13@gmail.com and I will send you an invite to my blog. We went private

Tevita and Jodi said...

You guys look great. I'm sure it was tough not having a lot of family for the blessing but it looks like you did ok. I am so jealous of your warmness. I wish it were that warm here:)

Angie said...

You guys are such a cute family. I love Dylan's little blessing outfit.

Julie said...

Darling pictures! Dylan is so sweet. Fun pictures of the game in the water. I so want to come and play with you! Thanks for sharing.

Amanda said...

Deven did such a good job. You are such a cute family. I love the pictures of gracie and her nana. She really does love her nana.

Bobette said...

It looks like you've been getting along well. Your pictures look so fun.

karen said...

Congratulations! Dylan is adorable. You look great!