Thursday, April 17, 2008

We did it, we're scuba certified

So for the past three weeks Deven and I have been taking a scuba class to become scuba certified. Well I have to admit that most of this class was out of my comfort zone. But I did it. We did our final dive tonight in the crater in Midway, UT. It was kind of claustrophobic, it seriously felt like you were in a volcano. It was dark inside and that made me quite nervous, but the water temperature was 93 degrees and that part I loved. We are hoping to take our first dive in a couple of weeks when we go out to Hawaii to find housing. I am sure I will freak out there with all the big fish and sharks swimming around me (yes I said Sharks) at least in the crater there were no fish. Oh the things we do for our husbands he thinks this is the coolest thing ever.

This was our scuba class. We had an awesome instructor and a lot of fun with everyone in the class. He had to calm me down several times and convine me it was ok to take my regulator out of my mouth under water. I didn't want to let it go.



8 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you! I'm sure that will come in handy after the move! I just sent you an email with my phone number ... let's really set up a time to meet for lunch before you move away!

Tevita and Jodi said...

Congratulations! You will have a blast with that in Hawaii! When are you moving?

berry family said...

You two look great in your scuba outfits. Congrats do you both and I am sure you will have a blast going in Hawaii.

Hayley said...

We are so jealous!! That is so fun. Brett and I always talk about our dream trip to Hawaii, but we still are just dreaming. We hope you have a great time. Best wishes!

Bobette said...

Oh my goodness! Way to go! Collin only wishes that I would have certified with him. He loves to scuba dive, but I just don't think I could do it. I'm sure you will be happy that you certified once your in Hawaii. And Shireece (?spelling) is amazing. I'm very impressed with what's she's done.

About Us said...

That's awesome! Congrats to both of you :) We've talked about getting certified for a while but haven't done anything about it yet. It will be so great to go out when you're in Hawaii!

Anonymous said...

It's been forever since I've talked to you. The scuba is awesome, Shirlyn! I always knew you were an adventurer. Good luck on the move and congratulations on med school! I'm proud of ya!

Bobette said...

Shirlyn, I'm hoping you can help me. I am taking a dental local anesthesia course & exam in phoenix and am in need of an exam patient. I was hoping you might know of some friends or if maybe Lisa would be willing to make some money and help me complete my exam. Contact me by email. BobetteDavis@hotmail.com

Thanks so much!