Sunday, April 6, 2008

The haircut

Well Gracie got her first haircut by someone other than her mom. For some reason she did not want to get her hair cut at a salon. We finally convinced her it would not hurt and she agreed. When we got there she got all shy and nervous but she agreed to sit on my lap. We have to laugh at the picture as she has to make everything more dramatic than it needs to be. She poked out her bottom lip and pouted the whole time. We decided to capture the moment on camera, when she makes up her mind about something nothing you can say will change it - she did not want to get a haircut.
Gracie got a kite from Easter from her Grandma Sorensen. She has been begging to fly it for a long time, but we are not having very cooperative weather. Well it was a cold Saturday but she wanted to try and she insisted on wearing a princess dress. At least it was a windy day. So we went to a park and let her fly her kite and try out her daddy's boomerang. She loved being outside we feel so cooped up lately. Time is just flying by and things are happening so fast. I can't believe it is April. The weather doesn't feel like it is April. We are excited and getting nervous about our upcoming move. Deven is just trunky and can't wait to actually start working. He is so tired of rotations. He just has three weeks left and then he is done. I can't believe it. But with all the excitement comes a little bit of reservation. I am not sure I am quite ready to make the big move. But to be honest as long as the weather remains like this I am ready to go I miss the sun and being outside.








5 comments:

Bobette said...

She's a brave little thing. Andrew still won't get his hair cut by anyone else but mom or dad. Way to go Gracie!

Hayley said...

Shirlyn, your Gracie is so cute. I love the princess outfits that she wears, her and my Hannah and Emma would have a great time together.

berry family said...

I love Gracie's hair salon picture. Logan is the same way when he gets something in his head you cant change his mind. I know I can not believe you guys are going to moving soon. Crazy!

Smileyhappychan said...

Poor Gracie! Cute pictures!

Tevita and Jodi said...

That's great that she was so brave! Lucky she got to sit on your lap. When are you guys moving? How exciting for you!