Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Rest of our Summer Vacation

Here are the Lake Powell pictures. Deven's family practically grew up on this lake so Deven was so excited to go back with his family. Dylan was enjoying himself as well. There were so many buttons for him to push and he just wanted to drive the big boat.
We decided to hike to Rainbow Bridge. Dylan got a great ride. He loved it.

Rainbow Bridge
Dylan loved the water and this is him enjoying his first tube ride with Daddy. He is trying to wave.
Gracie and Dylan out for a boat ride
Deven skiing one morning. Deven says and I quote "Wow he is amazing"
I am trying to keep up with Deven. Ha Ha I will just stick with the knee board.
Deven air chairing. He has been riding this since he was 16. He thinks he still has it!!!

Gracie just enjoying the ride
Dylan enjoyed the ride way too much.

So Deven talked me into skiing. I am not very good, but at least I got up and that is pretty good for me.
Gracie helping Grandpa drive the house boat.
Dylan driving the ski boat
For our 8th year anniversary we went to the Inn on the Hill. It was in downtown Salt Lake. It was so fun to ditch the kids for a night and go to dinner and shopping at the Gateway. I had way to much fun.
We got to do a session in the Salt Lake Temple this was our first time going through that temple... and Deven went in like this. He just told them he was from hawaii and they let him right in. (actually he didn't bring any church clothes on this trip... they had compassion for him)
The Utah Arts Festival. Gracie had a lot of fun.
A visit with a dear friend and Cousin. We grew up together it is so fun to get together and catch up.
Gracie and her cousin Sarah. They had so much fun together and Sharon made them these adorable matching dresses.
We got to enjoy the Ute Stampede with my brother and sisters, this was the opening they had the flag dropped from the sky.
We got to spend a little time in the mountains doing a little hiking with my Aunt LuAnn and Shirece. The kids loved it. It was so beautiful and it was nice to get out of the heat and enjoy some cooler weather.
Thanks everyone for a fun summer vacation. It is was so fun to come home and spend it with family. We already miss everyone and hope we can come back soon!!!

4 comments:

Shayla D. said...

I wish I'd known you were here. I'd have loved to have been able to see you. I'm so glad you got to come visit! Your kids get cuter all the time!

berry family said...

I love your family pictures. Love the boating pictures too. It was great to see you. Adorable picture of Sarah and Gracie.
Rashelle

Cher said...

sharon made those dresses? super cute, she's amazing.
also, i like the pic of you guys with kayleen and rashelle. also cute. why is kayleen's shirt wet? :) ha ha.
looks like you had a great time, you did a ton of stuff.

Itzel said...

Boating looked like so much fun!