Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Keeping Busy

I feel like I have fallen behind with blogging lately. Deven's schedule has been pretty busy this past month he has been on call almost every 3rd day so he has been working several 30 hr shifts. I can say I have almost survived, but I am behind on everything. I must say we have had our fair share of mischief at our house lately as well. Gracie has found ways to get into everything and she has turned into my tornado. She can destroy her room and then the entire house in less than 30 minutes. Deven and I just have to laugh and we keep telling her if you are going to be naughty you need to hide the evidence. Here she is caught red handed she got into the chocolate pudding but left the evidence all over her face. The other day when I was in the shower she got into the candy bag, but she left her wrappers all over the floor. We keep telling her if you would hide the evidence then may be you could get away with it.
Deven likes to go to the beach on his down time, even if he only has a few hours off he has managed to drag Gracie and I with him so he can get in a precious hour or two of surfing. This has become his outlet and I am glad he has found a way to unwind from all the stress at work. Gracie has developed her own imagination on the beach. She has turned Deven's surf board into a sea saw and she can spend so much time running back and forth watching it go up and down.
Here is her imagination at work. She thinks she is on a wild ride. We just had to laugh she was entertaining herself a one woman show.

8 comments:

Bobette said...

Gracie is to cute! Kudos to you Shirlyn for hanging in there all those long hours while Devin's at work. Hope you're doing well.

berry family said...

Gracie is having fun right?! I am glad you are surviving Deven's crazy schedule.
Rashelle

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

I was thinking about you today wondering how you were doing? I will have to give you a call. The twins and Gracie would make quite a threesome these days, when it comes to getting into things. I think they got themselves drunk yesterday.

Tevita and Jodi said...

I am so jealous. Your daughter is wearing a swimming suit while my kids are bundled in their coats, boots, hats, and gloves. Good luck with the hard hours at Devin's work. I hate when my husband is gone for long periods of time so I know how you feel.

Matt and Lisa said...

Oh my little Gracie, how I miss her. Tell her I can't wait for her to come swim in my pool. It needs to be used. :) Hope things are going well for you guys. Hang in there. You'll be rich one day! :)

Anonymous said...

That Gracie girl has spunk! I'm sure she keeps you hopping. It's gotta be hard having Deven work all those hours. Hopefully things will ease up and get better.

Chantell said...

Gracie's too cute..she sounds about as sneaky as my kids..haha!
What a fun age she's at :)

Amanda said...

gracie is so cute she is going to be the little helper when baby number 2 comes. I love that taylor swift is on your playlist. I love her. She is great