Sunday, December 21, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone

We just wanted to say Merry Christmas to Everyone. I ordered Christmas cards this year from my sister and they got delivered to us on the most rainy day of the year. When we got them it looked like the package had been dropped in a puddle and ran over. Only about half of the cards were send able. But I am sending out greetings to everyone. We have had quite a year. I still remember 1 year ago when we found out we would be moving to Hawaii. Time goes by so quickly because here we are. We end this year feeling very blessed. Deven and I have survived half a year of residency. He manages to keep pretty busy, while Gracie and I are making the adjustment to our new life. There are things I miss deeply on this island (like Target, Sonic, and Super Walmart) but we are surviving. The scenery is beautiful and we are able to enjoy the outdoors year round. We have a wonderful ward who has taken us in and made us feel welcome. They take good care of us for that we are so thankful. We miss family especially this time of year. It has been a little different getting ready for Christmas with no snow (we are still wearing flip flops). But over all life is good. We have a lot to look forward to this upcoming year and that keeps my mind occupied. Deven's family will be coming to visit in April and my mom will be coming in May. We of course are so excited for the arrival of our new little boy in April. So to everyone we hope all is well and wish you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!!!

It was Deven's birthday on Saturday. Yes he is 30 (I can't say much because I turned 30 first). He is back at work and is on nights for now so we did things a little different. We had a mid afternoon date. Gracie was worried about missing his party so I let her (with the help of her baby sitter) decorate a cake for Deven while we were gone. She just wanted to help him blow out his candles. I didn't have 30 candles so he got off easy this year. Happy Birthday thanks for all you do for us. We LOVE YOU!!!
We met Deven after work one evening and went to Honolulu to see the lights. I am not sure if you can see the Santa in the background but He is doing the "shocka" sign and has his red coat wide open sitting by a beach with turtles. We thought it was pretty funny.
Gracie got to get her face painted. She picked flowers. She was so proud of it and felt so beautiful we let her keep it on the next day.

I just wanted to say to everyone Merry Christmas. If you have snow enjoy it for us!!!

7 comments:

Becka and Bennett said...

We went to Hawii last year in December and it was a little wierd, meaning it didnt feel like Christmas at all! But what a fun adventure ahead! Hey i have a friend who's husdband just matched Madigan but they are doing there first transitional year in Hawaii. So I was wondering if I could give her your email or number so she could have some questions awnsered? Let me know if that would be ok. Have a merry Christmas!

Jennifer Payne said...

Oh my gosh, it looks so fun to be in Hawaii for Christmas. We are getting so much snow here in Idaho - it is a blizzard right now. I love the Christmas card, it is adorable. Merry Christmas!

berry family said...

I recieved your card in the mail today. CUTE! I hope you have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your birthday.
Rashelle

Amanda said...

Happy Belated birthday deven! Your card turned out so cute.

Sharon Fairbourn and family said...

enjoy the rain. at least it's not snowing.

Jolene said...

Merry Christmas!!! Congrats on expecting a boy. Very exciting.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Happy Birthday! I am so jealous that you look so warm and we are freezing here! Hope you had a great christmas!