Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Guilty Confession

Well this weekend was Deven's 4 day weekend. I had been counting it down since the rotation started. I was only seeing Deven for about 2 hours a day and I kept telling myself just hold on till his 4 day weekend. Well the weekend came and unfortunately he had a PT test Friday morning so it was at 5:30 a.m. so naturally when he came home he wanted to sleep for a little while, we had a late start but finally ventured out for the afternoon and went to Kailua to check out that side of the island. I couldn't help but notice he just wasn't feeling like himself, he was really tired and he was starting to develop a cough. Well the next day Gracie was so excited for him to come to her gymnastics class and then the rest of the day was going to be so fun.... or so I thought. He was not doing well and after gymnastics we ended up coming home and he slept the rest of the day. I was trying so hard to be understanding but by the night, I must admit I was really disappointed. I went to bed crying. Sunday he tried to go to church and he didn't even make it through sacrament meeting he went home early. He thought he was feeling better that night as we had invited some friends over for dinner, but by the end of the night he was having high fever and his cough picked up. He didn't even make it work on Monday. Finally Tuesday we decided he needed to go get something for his cough. He stopped in to talk to the ER doctors about what he should do for work that night and they told him he had been exposed to microplasm (or something like that) apparently it is a really bad bacteria and it causes pneumonia. So they had him get a chest X ray and sure enough he has pneumonia. Now I feel a little bit better not that I didn't believe him when he said he didn't feel well I was just feeling sorry for myself and thinking why now why this weekend. They now have him on antibiotics and other things so hopefully he will get feeling better. He kept saying he didn't feel good and I kept thinking I have been sick for the past 14 weeks and I just keep getting told to hang in there it will pass (so part of me was thinking the same thing. Suck it up.) I told him I felt really bad and I really do hope he gets feeling better.

5 comments:

Scott and Tara said...

Shirlyn don't feel bad, it happens. I am sorry your weekend ended up so bad. I understand the looking forward to those long needed weekends and it is hard when they don't turn out the way we expected them to. I am also sorry that Deven is sick, I hope he gets feeling better soon. I hope everything else is going better. We miss you guys. Brooklyn was talking about Gracie the other day referred to her as her cousin. It was really cute.

Matt and Lisa said...

Hey, tell Deven to feel better. I hope they were able to take care of the problem. Love you. You can call me you know!!!?
Lis

Tevita and Jodi said...

I love the new pictures!

bryony said...

Hi guys! Good to see what you're up to. We found you through the Bakers. We're so sorry Deven was so sick for his time off. That's quite a bummer. And sorry to hear you've been sick, but congratulations on baby #2!! How awesome! Hope everyone feels better soon. You guys look great!

berry family said...

Cute family picture on your blog. Just think before long you will need to update it. Thanks for the chat they other day.
Rashelle