Sunday, May 4, 2008

Projects and Moving

Well I just have to say that moving makes you have to kick it in high gear. I started this quilt for Gracie's room about a year ago. I would work on it occasionally but never made a lot of progress. I finally decided it was time. So I finally finished it!!! I was so excited this is my first quilt and hey it only took me a year. Also I have been having fun planning different rooms in my house (that I don't have yet) but I wanted to do a beach bathroom so Deven and I have been busy making a few things for it. I found a beach board mirror in a magazine and it was $300. I just couldn't justify it but Deven thought he could make one for me. I think it turned out pretty close to the actual one. Anyways I am happy with it so hopefully it will work in a bathroom. We will know soon enough wish us luck everyone we leave tomorrow to go and look for a house. It will be a pretty busy trip, we have about 30 houses we want to look at. We hope to squeeze in a little time for some fun so I will keep everyone posted and hopefully I will have some good news to share next week when we get back.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you! I'm so glad to hear from you. If you're okay with it, I'll add you to my list. We living in Nephi. Good luck on the move! I'm sure you guys will do great in Hawaii. And Mrs. Crafty?! Holy cow! That mirror and Gracie's quilt are absolutely gorgeous. Take good care and good luck with everything.

Smileyhappychan said...

Good luck house hunting! And beautiful quilt! Way to go!

Hayley said...

Have a great trip! Can you find a house for me too! I love the surfboard mirror. Devan sounds like my husband. Brett always says oh we could make that. Yeah right! He could but not me. Anyways, have a great trip. The quilt is beautiful.

berry family said...

I like the beach bathroom idea, it's fitting for Hawaii. I love the quilt, it is ok it took you a year. I figure that's the norm for projects. At least mine.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Good luck house hunting! I'm sure you'll find exactly what you are looking for. The projects look great! I love the bathroom idea. Have fun and I can't wait to hear how it went!

Julie said...

Darling quilt and surf board!! Lucky you Hope You had fun.