Sunday, July 17, 2011

Spring Break and Lee's Wedding

Ok, so I have not blogged in a while. Life got crazy and now I am trying to catch up. I just realized all my pictures are in reverse, but I think it will make sense. Spring Break 2011. It was my brothers wedding and I really wanted to go to the mainland for it. Deven was in Washington D.C. and so I was really looking forward to the trip. But I decided, due to the cost of airline tickets, I was going to try to take a space A flight. I had talked to several people who had done space A before, and my friend Amanda said she would brave the adventure with me. We got lucky, there happened to be a flight directly into SLC. This is rare but perfect for us. WE GOT ON!!!! We were so excited. Who is crazy enough to take their kid by themselves on such an unknown adventure. Well Amanda and I. We flew on a refueling plane and the whole way over they refueled fighter planes in the air. The crew was really awesome and let us go down in the window and watch them refuel the planes. The seats were nothing spectacular, but the kids were able to lay down on them and sleep most of the way. When we landed in SLC there was snow on the ground. I think the kids were most excited about this. We got to spend some time with Nana and grandpa as well. Gracie, Nana, and I got to go to Disney on Ice and do a little shopping at the Gateway. We had so much fun. Then it was on to Gunnison to help get ready for Lee and Lindsey's wedding. I am so glad we got to come in. I got to spend time with my mom and sisters, and Gracie and Dylan really enjoyed the cousins. The wedding day was windy and cold, but we still got to take some great pictures outside the Manti temple. Unfortunately all good things must end and so the kids and I spent our last night in a hotel room close to the rental car place. Because part two of our adventure was going to start. Amanda and I were going to drive 10 hours to Travis AFB just outside of Fairfield CA to try and get a space A flight home.
The kids outside of the Manti Temple, even though it was cold and windy, the grounds were still beautiful.



I got to help throw a bridal shower for our new "sister-in-law" Lindsey, My sister Shirece had a great idea and we threw a "fire shower" It turned out to be hilarious. We did a candy bar and of course I turned my head for a minute and Dylan helped himself.




Gracie and Nana at Disney on Ice!!!


This was our plane, nothing fancy, but it was a great adventure.

Ready or not guys... we did it, we got on a flight...our first Space A experience. WE ARE GOING TO SLC UTAH!!!!
re-fueling the fighter jets in the air.
We made it. We were waiting for Grandpa Cox to pick us up, but the kids didn't mind they had so much fun in the snow!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I love to relive that trip. That is for sure a sping break worth remembering