Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Simple Life....

It seemed like last year was crazy and busy. It felt like family time was squeezed in and we always had somewhere to be or something to do. Well this year I decided it is time to go back to the simple things. We have been trying to spend more time as a family and enjoy this beautiful island we get to live on. It helps that we have church in the morning now and I have come to love Sundays again. We get to go do something as a family. One day we hiked Kolei Kolei, it was a short little hike that everyone could enjoy, and the view was beautiful at the the top.





The beach again. It had been so long since our family spent a Saturday at the beach and just relaxed and enjoyed. So this past Saturday we went with some friends and enjoyed the warm winter weather.
I got brave and tried paddle boarding. I have done it before, but I like to be out with somebody. This time I went out by myself... of course I didn't go clear out there... but progress for me.... I am scared of sharks LOL.
Dylan taking it all in.
Some of the kids making sand angels. Dylan trying to join.
And of course just going for a walk as a family. I have missed this. When church was in the afternoon. It felt like the day was over and there was no time to really do much. So I love morning church. I love that we can all have a nap and still have time to enjoy the evening. The kids out for a bike ride. So with the new year I want to spend more time with my family enjoying each other and all the beautiful things around us!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

perfectly said the simple life. I love the kole kole hike the kids always have so much fun.

Shayla D. said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of your simple life! We're still stuck in mounds of snow and it certainly isn't warm enough for a bike ride. I can't believe how Dylan has suddenly turned into a little boy! Your family is downright beautiful, Shirlyn.

LuAnn Sorensen said...

You guys are always going. I think I'll move to the island.

berry family said...

I agree. I think it is a good idea to slow down and enjoy family. I love the disco theme. Adorable family.
Rashelle