Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wisdom of a first grader

Through the eyes of Gracie. So we were running errands tonight and got talking to Gracie about jobs and how we get money. I have to work for so many things. You want me to earn my ule ule's, a watch, and a dog. I think you guys should just buy it for me because I already have to many jobs. I have to go to school and learn that is my job. I said really Gracie, well do you know I have more jobs than you. I have to cook for you, do your laundry, and clean up after you. And Gracie said, " well then I have infinity jobs." Deven asked, "oh really, how much is infinity?" Gracie said, " only Jesus knows." As the night goes on Gracie was being funny. Deven asked her why she didn't finish her drink? She said "what, you want me to drink... I don't drink beer because I believe in Jesus." Deven and I just roll our eyes... Literally. What do you do with a child like this. We just laugh and blame it on others... like the grandparents.

6 comments:

Shayla D. said...

Can't help it - that mischievous little soul is so stinkin' cute! She's wise beyond her years. :o)

Jennifer Payne said...

That is so cute!! I love your family pictures too!

berry family said...

Sometimes I think are children are wiser then we are. Cute story.She is a cutie.
Rashelle

Shirece said...

I think it is funny when you blame her behavior on those who are hardly ever around her....You are going to have start taking responsibility for her behavior!!!(I say this only because sometimes I get the blame and I am not even around her enough!)

Matt and Lisa said...

too funny! I laughed so hard.

Amanda said...

she is so funny. watch out with her. she is such a cutie though