Sunday, July 19, 2009

SMILE

Well another crazy week has come and gone. Deven is still as busy as ever, but that is ok we just look forward to the weekends. Gracie and I are managing to stay busy ourselves. We bought a big blow up pool for the backyard. It took us 3 hours to blow it up with a bike pump. I wanted to give up but Gracie said "no mom we can't quit, we have to keep going." Bless her heart she kept right on pumping. The sad part is by the time we got it pumped up it was 5:00 and she didn't last very long cause it was starting to rain and she got cold. So the next day we were going to get in it earlier. Only to discover it needed more air. I was not about to re pump it with a bike pump, so I convinced her wait until we could go to the store and buy a more efficient pump. Hopefully we can get some pictures this next week of a working pool. We love the weekends and try to cram way too much in. We got up early on Saturday and headed to he beach, both Deven and I enjoyed a little surfing. I am going to get a picure one of these times. Gracie had a birthday party that afternoon and then Deven and I managed to get a date. We left Gracie at a friends house and we headed up to Haleiwa Joes. Our friends gave us a gift card for our birthdays and Christmas but we had not had a chance to use it yet. The food was so great and the atmosphere was wonderful. The restaurant overlooks the ocean on the North shore. We enjoyed a nice quiet, relaxing evening. Our little Dylan is becoming quite a smiler. Gracie is really good at getting him smile. She almost got him to laugh once. I dread the beginning of anther long week, but we have a lot to do. We are busy getting Gracie ready for school. She starts testing and orientation the last week of July. Her first full day of school is August 4th.
Dylan came with us on our date. So this is Deven and Dylan as we were outside waiting for our table.
Gracie got Dylan to smile. She was being so silly. It made my night. This had been a particularly a long day and I was about to loose it when Gracie had Dylan smiling and laughing instead of crying.
This is Dylan's favorite toy. Despite all of my efforts, I was determined to have a baby that took a Binky. Well he has no desire for one. He would rather suck on his hand or blanket, but just recently discovered this toy and he loves to suck on it's nose. I love how he snuggles it and just chews away at.

11 comments:

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

I can't believe how big he is getting! So cute. Isn't it nice to have an older sibling to amuse the little one and give you a little break? So fun!

Bobette said...

That first pic of Dylan is so cute, he's such a little man! My kids would rather suck on blankets or toys as well.

Shayla D. said...

Way too stinkin' cute! Dylan is a doll. I didn't even bother with a pacifier with Mark. I didn't want to deal with it and he did just fine. It's funny how they each have their own needs and personalities, and they're great at letting you know. :o)

About Us said...

So darn adorable...I love the hat! He's a little heartbreaker already :)

Good Luck with Gracie's testing & first week!

berry family said...

Good luck with the pool; it sounds like fun. I love Dylan's outfit he had on for your date. Beach sounds heavnly right now too.
Rashelle

Cher said...

that's funny he eats the nose! sam won't take a binky either. would be nice, but at least it's a habit we don't have to break later on!

Matt and Lisa said...

I can't believe how big that kid is now! He's huge. I miss you guys so much. You need to come back and live by me- then you can just use my pool and you don't have to blow one up! :)

Amy said...

What a cutie! I meant to comment earlier but I am so sad I missed you while you were here. I would have loved to have seen you sometime but I'm sure your trip was packed. Let me know when you come back and we will have to meet at the park with the kids!

Adrienne said...

Wow Dylan is getting so big. He looks so handsome in his little cap. Date night is a great idea. We all need one of those more often!!!

Tevita and Jodi said...

I'm so glad you got to go on a date. It seems like they are too far and in between:) Dylan is so stinkin' cute. I love that first picture.

Chantell said...

What cute pics! That little guy is so adorable!