Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun on the Mainland

Well we have spent the last couple of days at Lisa's and she let me use her computer to update our stay here.  Deven is missing us so I told him I would try to post some pictures.  Gracie has been having a great time in the pool.  She wakes up in the morning and would stay out there all day long if we would let her.  This is from Lisa's graduation party.  The kids had so much fun in the pool.
Dylan and  I spent most of the time observing from the edge of the pool  There was so much going on Dylan was so alert the whole party.  He didn't want to miss anything.  

We went to the science museum with all the cousins.  This was a mock airplane.  It was fun to go inside.  It felt like you were really flying and then it taught you about how airplanes work.  
Gracie and the cousins in a tug of war at the science museum.  They all had so much fun there was so much to learn and see.  
Well Lisa did it!!! She graduated.  It seems like just yesterday Deven and I convinced her to move to Arizona and attend Midwestern.   Who knew at the time she would get married and make AZ her home.  It was so fun to come back and see the campus and how much it has changed in just one year.  Graduation was awesome and Lisa way to go.  
Dylan fell asleep during the ceremony.  What a trooper.  
After graduation.  The weather was so nice for AZ at this time of year.  It wasn't too hot.  I ran into and old friend Marcie after graduation.  I got pictures with my camera, but I am using Lisa's computer and her pictures so hopefully I can post some other pictures later when I get home.  It was so fun to see old friends.  It brought back so many memories.  
More fun in the pool.  
Opening presents.  We celebrated 4 birthdays while we were down there.  Sharon's, Sarah's, Lisa's and Joe's (Shirece's boyfriend) but Sharon was nice enough to get Gracie a gift as well.  She got high school musical shoes.  She was pretty excited.  
Also Sharon and Lisa made me this awesome quilt for Dylan.  I hope you can see how cute it is.  It was a fun week.  

10 comments:

Brenbren said...

That's great. Your sister ROCKS!! I saw Lael but not Marcie! That bums me out. Oh well! That quilt is awesome!

Sorensen Family said...

What a cute quilt! We stoped in to see you while we were at Gunnison but you had just left. Oh well. It looks like you are having a good time there enjoy the rest of your stay.

Bobette said...

What a fun trip! It's so great you were able to spend some time with your family. That quilt is adorable and I'm sure took a lot of time to make.

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time. I can't believe how much your little guy has changed in the few weeks that you have been gone. See you when you get back.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Looks like you had a great time. The quilt is so cute! I love the pictures of you and your mom and sisters.

berry family said...

Looks like you guys are having a great time. I love the picture with all you girls. Cute. Dylan looks like he is turning into a little man. Fun. Enjoy the rest of your trip.
Rashelle

Chantell said...

Oh, that's a way cute quilt! Glad to hear you guys are having a fun time. I really cant belive how big Dylyn is getting..what a cutie!
see you soon
Chantell

hilary said...

shirlyn!! i just have to tell you how excited i am that i found your blog! i am always wondering how you guys are doing so it is so fun to see pictures and hear you're doing well!! i will never forget how nice you and your hubby were to us when we first moved into the ward and how you guys invited us to come to sedona with you. i remember meeting your sister when we went, that's awesome she graduated already! man time seriously does fly by! i'm bummed you were in arizona and we didn't see you! and congrats on your baby boy dylan! he is adorable! we need to keep in touch through blogging. :)

Shayla D. said...

Shirlyn, it was so good to see you at church! I never dreamt I'd get to see you, so it was a real treat. Your kids are even cuter in person! I went ahead and invited you to my new blog again. I'll give you another chance. :o)

EmilieAn said...

glad your having fun. Miss you guys though. are you coming back before the end of summer? we're leaving july 30th? will I see you again?