Sunday, September 14, 2008

More Family Fun

Well one more week down of Deven doing his pediatric rotation. I will admit this is not my favorite. Plus I hate hearing about all of the sad things that can happen to kids. He has been busy but he has been trying hard to come home and have fun with the family even though he has been on call all night and hasn't had any sleep. I really appreciate it and so does Gracie. Deven and I have found our favorite beach on the North Shore. We go there almost every week. Unfortunately the waves are starting to pick up and they say in a week or two they will be getting big. But we will just have to find another beach until next May when the North shore calms down again. But we are excited to see just how big the waves get. Just a little scenery from our favorite beach.

Gracie is following in her dad's foot steps she has really taken up boogie boarding. Even though she doesn't take on the really big waves she has figured out how to ride the waves into the shore. We can't get her out of the water.

As you can see it is now evening and she is still going. She also put on her goggles by this time. She decided she had enough water in her eyes. We thought it was cute.

Well Deven came home after being on call one day and decided he would finish painting our room. We were suppose to have our carpet by now but wouldn't you know it got damaged in shipping it. We have to start all over they had to re order it and it could be another 6 weeks. I was pretty down so Deven painted my room for me while I took Gracie to a birthday party. He thought that would help and it did. But that night I couldn't sleep in my room the fumes where to strong so I slept down stairs on a blow up mattress. Well Gracie found me the next morning and couldn't believe I had a slumber party without her so we promised her she could sleep in her pump bed the next night. She finally decided that was ok.




OK so this picture is kind of dark but I hope you can appreciate this outfit as much as we did. Gracie was so insistent on wearing her ballet outfit and I didn't have it in me to fight it so we agreed but when you add bowling shoes to it we had to laugh and I tried to capture it on camera.





Gracie and mommy got new running shoes. She was so excited she decided she was going to go running with mommy and daddy that night. We made a special outing just for her. She did it we kept saying do you want to turn around and she said no I need to run to the park. Well the park is a 1/2 mile up and a 1/2 mile home but she did she wouldn't stop she ran the whole mile. She slept so good that night I think she truly ran herself out. Now she asks me everyday if we can go running.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though the photo was dark, I can still see Gracie's bowling shoes and her outfit. What a hoot! She's a character, that girl. That was very nice of Deven to paint your room for you. What a great husband he is!

Amanda said...

I love the outfit of her bowling what a stylish girl she is. She is a cutie

berry family said...

Love the new blog background. Cute running outfit for Gracie.
Did you hear John is getting married on Oct.11? Talk to you soon.

About Us said...

What a character! She's such a dare devil with the boogie boarding - I'm impressed!

Hopefully you'll be able to get your carpet soon - that's so frustrating waiting. Then when it finally does happen, you forget what the waiting was like.

cherilyn said...

look at that water! i'm jealous

Julie said...

Gracie is getting so big. What a cute. Sorry about his yucky rotation. Hope this next one is better.